Do you come up with the Android debug issues now and then? Various functions of the Android platform are only accessible through hidden paths and methods to ordinary users. This is usually done using some command line Android Debug Bridge (ADB) commands, a tool provided by Google for developers to debug their applications or parts of the system, but we can use it for various concise and hidden tricks. A prerequisite for these tips is that ADB setup is installed on your computer.
So, in this article, we will guide you on how to install ADB on Windows, Mac, and Linux in quick and easy-to-follow steps.
Introducing the Android Debug Bridge(ADB)
Android Debug Bridge(ADB) is known as the finest Android ADB driver that helps you to install personalized apps on your Android mobile without any facts about fastboot and ADB tools. This installation process is easier for people who know how to use this amazing tool and install or set it up manually on your device.
The inner structure of the ADB setup is based on a client-server architecture. The whole process consists of three parts. So what are they?
- The client – Your PC or Mac connected to your Android device. We send commands from our computer to our device via USB cable or wirelessly.
- A daemon – Executes commands on the device. The daemon operates as a background process on every device.
- A server – Handles communication between clients and daemons. The server runs as a background process on the PC or Mac.
How does this amazing tool work?
You already know that there are three parts based on ADB (Client, Daemon, and Server). It needs the installation and performance of some parts first. So if you come up with a freshly booted computer, you require it to be running before any contact can be sent to the target Android mobile device.
If the daemon is not running on your device properly, it will automatically start the process and let you know which local TCP it started on. Once it starts the process, ADB will start to listen to specific commands that are sent by the client. Then it will set up all the connected devices to the computer. Now you receive the authorization request for your Android mobile device.
Simple benefits of this smart tool
- It is compatible with any Android device.
- Simply works with Windows, Mac, and Linux computers.
- Install Custom ROM on your device.
- Can unlock the device bootloader.
- You can download root tools.
- And more.
How to download the ADB Setup on you
Now, those who are familiar with the Android Debug Bridge, know what benefits this amazing ADB Setup gives you. This tool allows its users to side-load apps that cannot receive from the Play Store. You can simply use this debugging tool to record your phone screen from a computer. So you can simply control your Android device using a Windows, Linux, or Mac computer with this command line tool.
Get ADB setup on your Android mobile
- Go to Settings and select the About phone option.
- Tap the Build Number button 7 times to enable Developer Mode on your device.
- Go back to Settings again and find the new Developer options button.
- Enable the USB debugging option from there.
- Now you are done with the setup.
After you have done with the Android phone setup, now choose the steps according to the operating system on your computer.
Simple steps to setup ADB on Windows, Mac, and Linux
If you are a Windows user
- Download and install the Android SDK platform for Windows.
- Open Windows explorer and find where you dragged the contents of the file.
- Now open the Command Prompt from the device.
- Connect your Android mobile to your computer using a proper USB cable.
- Run the following command on the command prompt to launch the ADB daemon: adb devices
- Re-enter the above command again and you will see the serial number of your device.
If you are a Mac user
- Download the Android SDK platform on your macOS.
- Extract the zip file and open Terminal.
- Enter the following command to find the folder you extract ADB: cd /path/to/extracted/folder/
- Connect your Android device to the Mac computer.
- Execute the following command to launch the ADB demon: ./adb devices
- Allow USB debugging and re-enter the above command.
- If the process is successful, you will see the device serial number on the Terminal window.
If you are a Linux user
- Download and install Android SDK on Linux and extract the file.
- Open the Terminal window and enter the following command: cd /path/to/extracted/folder/
- Connect your Android device to Linux with a USB cable.
- Now execute the following command to launch the ADB daemon on Linux: ./adb devices
- Allow USB debugging if you haven’t done it in the previous step.
- Re-enter the same command again at step 4 and you can see your serial number in the Terminal output.
What are the impressive features of this amazing tool?
Fast installer tool
You can install the ADB driver fastly on your device and simply connect your Android device to use its features.
Detect the device model and manufacturer name
ADB tool automatically detects those details and displays them on the manufacturer list.
Supports every device
ADB setup works with every Android device such as Samsung, Sony, HTC, Nokia, Vivo, Huawei, Oppo, and Xiaomi. It automatically detects the device and installs ADB drivers.
Supports Windows 64-bit and 86 bit
ADB will detect the computer version and install the universal ADB Driver on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows 11 including Windows XP, and Vista, easily.
It allows you to refresh the device list quickly. But remember that this feature is available in the version 2.0 and above.
In other words, Android Debug Bridge, or ADB, is the program that lets you communicate with your device through a computer. So now you can simply and successfully download the ADB setup on your Windows, Mac, and Linux operating system running computer. If you experience any problems or issues with the guide mentioned overhead, please comment below.